Wednesday, September 5, 2012

week two.

I'm still in shock and awe that this is my senior year. I feel like it can't be real, it can't be happening. Problem is, it's going on around me. I managed to get into the swing of things; getting my life back to business as usual, coming off the summer months. The one itty bitty fact that I have yet to cope with is that there is no more undergrad after next May. Every time this hits me, I tell myself I gotta do something. So what do I do? I jump into New York life.

First thing's first, I'm a museum-goer by nature. Being born and raised near DC, I love a day at the museum; learning things, seeing things, reading things, the usual museum activities. NY has so many museums to offer & when I was a bright-eyed freshman, I just knew I'd see them all. The harsh reality is that life got in the way. School took over, shopping took over, trips home took over, and my museums trips got delayed. Cut to senior year and I've only been to 3 NY museums (the Guggenheim, the MoMA, and the Whitney). Upon realizing this sad, sad fact, I managed to get myself to the Intrepid Museum. I loved it. The ship, the planes, the submarine, and the pièce de résistance was the Enterprise space shuttle. I had a blast learning about the Growler Submarine missions during the war. The whole experience was quite enlightening.

You're probably wondering why should you care about my trip to the museum. Well I'll tell you. If you recall me telling you in the beginning that this was my senior year of college. That means that after May, I will enter the real world. My entrance into that realm of life affects everybody that has already made it there. It means that I will join the working class and that I will be making decisions that have butterfly effects. I just wanted you to know that when I make those decisions, I will be informed and educated. Hence me telling you about my educational endeavors. You don't have to worry about me being one of those people that make it hard for everybody else. I plan on holding my own in the real world and making something of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment