Tuesday, November 6, 2012

week ten.

uvhvbewlcuh4iefn34cniqnfoqi4j3t. Talk about making my senior year memorable. This was the week of Hurricane Sandy [which became SuperStorm Sandy, but was still referred to as Hurricane Sandy.. talk about confusing]. I came home for the weekend for my cousin's wedding & then I couldn't get back. If you want to experience superficial suffering of the first world, go somewhere for a week with only 2 PAIRS OF SHOES and a basket full of laundry that has not one single outfit that matches either pair. THAT was my tragedy for the week. I felt so helpless; but after I got over the initial shock, I got creative. I made outfits and managed to look decent as I went to shop for more clothes. Nobody could tell my hardships, lol. On Sunday, 10/29, I stood in a cold, rainy line with my mother for 3 and a half hours so that she could early vote. You see, I had already mailed in my absentee ballot, but being the good daughter that I am [insert sarcastic face here, ha] I stayed to keep her company. I also had the time, this week, to visit my old high school and brag about my college accomplishments to my old teachers. That felt good. My favorite activity for the week, I wrote in to the Ellen DeGeneres show to ask her to give me a new car. I know it's a long shot, but nothing beats a failure but a try.
But on a serious note, my heart went out to all those seriously affected by the storm. My mother, sister, and myself did give money to the organizations that were aiding in storm relief. The way we see it, we are a part of the community that is the United States; it is our duty to help those who need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment